Sunday, October 13, 2013

Update time!

Hi guys, it's been awfully quiet here recently, especially since I think we've been talking pretty regularly on oovoo =]  But here's a random update from me!

So it's already been a month since I've been back, and life is already pretty busy (mostly because I'm doing a lot of random stuff).  My medical school work doesn't seem nearly as busy as amanda... not by a long shot.  Haha sorry amanda, the future of the medical world rests on you! =P

If you guys are interested, I've been attached to the geriatric firm for the past month.  Uh feel free to ask me stuff?  Some fun facts!

1) In the next 5 years, there will be more people aged 65 than children under 5 in the whole world

2) The main problems that old people face are the geriatric giants: immobility, instability/falls, incontinence, impaired intellect/ dementia

3) Prevent dementia early! Eat healthy, exercise, reduce alcohol, don't smoke, keep a low blood pressure.

But anyway, you guys know what you have to do... Make babies!  The main reasons for low birthrates include higher education and urbanization and all that stuff.  The world needs more babies,

Apart from the wonderful world of old people, I've been doing some volunteering, some badminton and I'm *cough* taking chinese classes for a bit.

And here's part of a bear costume I found!



Also, look at this news article that explains how screwed I am this year.

Hope you guys are doing well =]

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh I had a health promotion project focusing on preventing falls of the elderly! It's very sad, a lot of old people find themselves isolated from the community when they live alone. And worst of all they can't call for help when they've had a fall at home... :( and good luck surviving winter haha!