Thursday, August 20, 2015

Back to Scotland!

Hello guys it's been a long time since I last made a blog post (still 300% more productive than Ken/Amanda) but this is definitely a good time to do one.

Last half a year went by so quickly, I had my finals all the way back in March and then it's been more or less happy times since then... until now of course since I have to do actual work!  Basically I'm in a place called Ayr, about an hour away from Glasgow.  I'll be here for my first year of work and then next year I'll be in Glasgow then after that, who knows!  But actually the town itself is a very pleasant place to be.  It's got most of the shops you need (except for KFC) within walking distance and I literally live next to the sea.  Of course this is Scotland and I'm guessing there's only one day a year when people actually go into the water, but still it looks pretty when the sun is out (i was walking along the beach one day, kinda grey and cold outside, when i saw two kids in swimsuits in the water with their parents just watching them wearing sweaters and i'm pretty sure that almost qualifies as child abuse).  Overall seems like a great place to start out (keep in mind it's still technically summer), and the hospital is about 10 minutes drive away.

This is the view from my house (not a particularly sunny day)


So the hospital isn't a very big one, there are 18 junior doctors starting out.  They all seem pretty nice!  Plus since there are so few of us there's a buddy buddy feel to it all.  It's a weird system here, we don't get put in any one department - we just get shuffled around the different wards like the small fry we are so it's still pretty disorientating.


I was looking forward to getting a real ID card, but it's really a piece of laminated paper. No budget.



On the plus side, i'm back in Scotland so I can get FOUR FISH for just £10.  (PS: that's cheap int he UK)


My nights are now filled with completely wholesome activities.  This is Mayu's finished banangrams (hope you've used it at least once by now ELIZABETH).  I tried to tell Mayu that Godzilla wasn't actually a word =/  Also, we tried to decide on a new hobby to take up together and for some reason we've settled on chess.  Look forward to our next rematch Amanda!!  I'll be training hard. pls go easy on me


SO YEAH GUYS THAT'S MY LIFE RIGHT NOW.  
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?
SEE YOU AT OUR NEXT OOVOO SESSION.
KEN + AMANDA I DEMAND A BLOG UPDATE BEFORE THEN!


K




No comments: