Thursday, August 29, 2013

ooooh-neeee

I was about to update the blog but I got distracted, stumbled across my old blog by accident and deleted it hahaha. anyway I wanted to blog about uni. (ooh-nee) some gooey sea urchin thingie which my friends made me try. 




the right one, darker orange is apparently a higher grade uni and it's 10USD/piece. one freakin' small piece! haha the left one is a slightly lower grade which is 7USD/piece. 

Apparently if they pack the uni this way (in a wooden tray) and sell it in japanese restaurants here, the restaurant owners actually catch the sea urchin and they have to ship it back to Japan to be cut open and packed like that and then shipped back here to sell. that's why it costs a bomb! lol. I had it for free! 
but i still don't like gooey uni.

anyway class has started this week, had my first class on Monday! my hospitality lecturer is so nice! she's so bubbly and experienced, makes it fun to be in her class. she reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow, haha. well she does look abit like her!

nothing much apart from that, heading this Dallas this Friday for a badminton tournament. it's been awhile since I've played in a tournament. excited and nervous at the same time! :D 

R

No comments: